- The largest, most flexible living-learning program in the Honors College
- A community with instant friendships and a sense of belonging
- Top students and faculty from every major
- A limitless selection of enriched courses
- Full of peer leadership and academic award opportunities
- A way to be instantly plugged in to the best of the University and Washington, DC
A part of University Honors that we treasure is the individual choice that each student has in designing his or her education. There are no specific courses and no course sequences required by University Honors; the same is true of participation in extracurricular activities sponsored by Honors. Each student selects the courses and activities that best fit his or her interests and goals.
Because University Honors is so extremely flexible, it’s a great fit for students of any major (or double major).
And study abroad? More than 400 University Honors students study abroad every year!
University Honors: Lively students from all majors, who are full of intellectual excitement, creativity, and diverse experiences and ideas.
Living in Hagerstown Hall in the Ellicott Community provides new Honors students with an instant feeling of belonging to an academically passionate community where students live together, take classes together, and form instant and life-long friendships.
Yet far from being isolated from the rest of the campus, University Honors students are immediately plugged into the best of everything the campus has to offer academically, professionally, and socially.
The Ellicott Community is ideally located on campus just steps away from the Recreation Center and pool, the diner, and football stadium!