- The largest, most flexible living-learning program in the Honors College
- A community with instant friendships and a sense of belonging
- Top students and faculty from every major
- A limitless selection of enriched courses
- Full of peer leadership and academic award opportunities
- A way to be instantly plugged in to the best of the University and Washington, DC
University Honors students choose from over 130 engaging, interdisciplinary HONR seminars each year.
HONR seminars are smaller courses with highly motivated students. Faculty work closely with students, introducing them to important and exciting topics, and mentoring their critical thinking, writing, and oral presentation skills. Lively but informed discussions are more typical than lectures, and students often have opportunities to present their work in class.
Best of all, seminars feature intriguing topics and use interdisciplinary approaches to analyze these subjects. The result is a vibrant education environment in which learning happens more quickly, has more depth, and has a lasting influence.
Change is inevitable. Broad exposure to a variety of disciplines and ways of thinking challenge exceptional students in many different directions and help build critically thinking, multi-talented, logical, compassionate citizens who can adapt to professional and personal changes in the decades ahead.
The breadth of Honors Seminars is complimented by the more focused, in-depth exploration in students’ majors at a leading research institution with excellent faculty and premier, up-to-date programs.
Emerging from their undergraduate years with the robust combination of educational breadth and depth and embracing life-long learning and continued personal growth equips students to excel in their career(s) and in their lives.