- The largest, most flexible living-learning program in the Honors College
- A community with instant friendships and a sense of belonging
- Top students and faculty from every major
- A limitless selection of enriched courses
- Full of peer leadership and academic award opportunities
- A way to be instantly plugged in to the best of the University and Washington, DC
University Honors is designed to bring the most academically talented students and the most outstanding faculty members together in intimate, challenging seminars.
- Understanding of how to locate information and think critically about the big questions—contemporary and perennial—that confront individuals and society
- Professional quality written and oral communication skills
- Critical understanding of the relationships between the humanities, arts, and sciences, and society
- Appreciation of different modes of scholarship in the university
- Competitiveness in applications for prestigious scholarships, graduate and professional schools, and jobs
- Skills, habits, and the ethical framework to be productive and be compassionate global citizens who contribute to positive change
University Honors combines the best of two educational options: the sophisticated academic offerings and friendly residential environment of a small liberal arts college nestled within the rich, diverse, boundless opportunities of a large research university.