University Honors is a great way to begin your years at the University of Maryland. With a ready-made community, you can feel instantly at home and make life-long friends.
You will join a supportive, close-knit community in Hagerstown Hall, enjoy a vibrant intellectual and social atmosphere, and learn and have fun with peers who encourage your success.
The University Honors living-learning community will help you:
- Immediately feel at home at the university
- Make instant and life-long friends
- Share information about the campus and classes
- Make intellectual and social connections
- Achieve greater academic success
- Make connections with faculty members
- Become more involved across campus and engaged in leadership positions
- Be more deeply satisfied with entire college experience
The sum is greater than its parts – a vibrant residential environment enriches your college experience immeasurably.
What are the lasting benefits of living in an LLP?
“From our longitudinal analyses, we found that even a one-year living-learning program (LLP) experience generated lasting effects on students. Those students who had lived in an LLP during their first year in college:
- had higher levels of academic self-confidence,
- were more likely to be a mentor for other students, and
- remained more committed to civic engagement three years later.”