Students not invited to the Honors College as freshmen may apply after completing one full year of university coursework after high school. Students with more than two semesters completed are no longer eligible. Departmental Honors programs are better suited for students who have that already passed that milestone.

Honors College students who wish to leave a different living/learning program to join University Honors must complete exit interviews and then apply to University Honors.

To remain in good standing, students must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.