University Honors is designed to bring the most academically talented students and the most outstanding faculty members together in intimate, challenging seminars.
- Understanding of how to locate information and think critically about the big questions—contemporary and perennial—that confront individuals and society
- Professional quality written and oral communication skills
- Critical understanding of the relationships between the humanities, arts, and sciences, and society
- Appreciation of different modes of scholarship in the university
- Competitiveness in applications for prestigious scholarships, graduate and professional schools, and jobs
- Skills, habits, and the ethical framework to be productive and be compassionate global citizens who contribute to positive change